Duration: 2 Years
Number of Seats : 60
APPROVED BY - AICTE,PCI,SMF-WB
D.Pharm Course is a career-oriented program in the medical field of Pharmacy, designed to familiarize candidates with the basic concepts of pharmaceutical science.
The purpose of the program is to prepare students with the necessary skills and academic knowledge for entry-level positions in retail pharmacies as well as pharmaceutical companies. The course essentially provides an overview of the theory, and various principles and practices involved in the science of pharmacy.
Components of study within D. Pharmacy Syllabus include pharmacy software practice, accurate and safe processing of prescriptions, compounding techniques, third party billing, inventory control, adherence to relevant legislation, accurate and confidential record-keeping, and effectively verbal and written communication.
Such candidates are prepared to work as members of an interdependent health-care team. They are taught industry ethics including those involving patient-provider relationships, clinical research, and end-of-life care. This course examines other ethical topics such as distribution of scarce resources, use of stem cells, the role of genetic testing, and issues of human cloning. Students are taught to reviews drug approval processes, drug discovery, pharmaceutical applications. They learn about the vast regulatory requirements involved in testing, screening, pre-clinical, and clinical trials of drugs.
The applicant must be a citizen of India and should have passed the H.S. (10+2) or its equivalent examination from a recognized Council/Board in a regular class mode with the following:
- Age restriction: Applicants shall at least be 17 years of age on 31st December in the year of admission. There is no upper age limit.
- Individual pass marks (theory and practical individually) in Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with Mathematics / Biotechnology / Biology.
- Minimum of 45% marks in the above subjects taken together (40% for SC/ST/PWD/OBC) as well as pass in English with a minimum of 40% marks (for all categories of candidates) in the said qualifying examination of the Higher Secondary (10+2).
- Applicant will be in good mental and physical health.
- Residential/ Domicile Certificate required for Reserved Category candidates (SC/ ST/ PWD/ OBC) for admission in Pharmacy course.
NOTE: STUDENTS PASS OUT FROM OPEN SCHOOL ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION.
Career and Jobs
Certificate Holders of D. Pharmacy may start practicing as pharmacists in India. They may also work at drug stores in government hospitals, clinics, private hospitals, community health centres, or private drug stores. Across various kinds of work setups, they usually check prescriptions (made by the doctor), provide patients advice and directions, dispense drugs to patients, keep stock of drugs in storage, and maintain accounts and inventory.
Other than working for hospitals or private drug stores, such professionals may even start their own private drug stores, with access to decent financial resources and entrepreneurship skills.
In pharmaceutical companies, they work at divisions like process control, manufacturing, quality control, and marketing. While in the marketing sector, they may work for firms involved in pharmaceutical products marketing.Register Yourself