Duration: 4 years
Number of Seats : 60
APPROVED BY - AICTE,PCI,WBUHS
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) is an undergraduate degree course in the field of Pharmacy education. The students those are interested in the medical field (except to become a doctor) can choose this course after the completion of class 12th. After the completion of this degree, the students can practice as a Pharmacist. Pharmacists can work in a range of industries related to the prescription, manufacture & provision of medicines. The duration of this course is 4 years.
The B.Pharm is one of the popular job oriented course among the science students after class 12th. In this course the students study about the drugs and medicines, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Medicinal Chemistry etc. This course provides a large no. of job opportunities in both the public and private sector.
The applicants will have to qualify West Bengal Joint Entrance (WBJEE). (https://www.wbjeeb.in/)
The applicant must be a citizen of India and should have passed the H.S. (10+2) or its equivalent examination from a recognized Council/Board in a regular class mode with the following:
- Age restriction: Applicants shall at least be 17 years of age on 31st December in the year of admission. There is no upper age limit.
- Individual pass marks (theory and practical individually) in Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with Mathematics / Biotechnology / Biology.
- Minimum of 45% marks in the above subjects taken together (40% for SC/ST/PWD/OBC) as well as pass in English with a minimum of 40% marks (for all categories of candidates) in the said qualifying examination of the Higher Secondary (10+2).
- Applicant will be in good mental and physical health.
- Candidate will have to qualify at the WBJEE, on the year of admission, for admission in B. Pharm Colleges.
- Candidates will be required to submit a Migration certificate if he/she passes qualifying examinations from a board other than WBCHSE or a University other than WBUHS. If the certificate is not submitted within the date specified by the University, the provisional admission of the candidate will stand automatically cancelled.
- Residential/ Domicile Certificate required for Reserved Category candidates (SC/ ST/ PWD/ OBC) for admission in Pharmacy course. Refer to WBJEE website (www.wbjeeb.nic.in) for further details (Information Brochure WBJEEM subsection 9.3).
NOTE: STUDENTS PASS OUT FROM OPEN SCHOOL ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION.
Admission through Lateral Entry to the 2nd year (3rd semester level) of the undergraduate degree course offered by Haldia Institute of pharmacy is open to candidates who have either passed diploma course in Pharmacy from any polytechnic/ Institute with at least overall 50% marks (45% for reserved category). The candidate should have valid JELET rank, on the year of admission.
Career and Jobs
The pharmacy sector offers lots of opportunities to the students after the completion of the course. The students can work in a Pharmaceutical company or can practice as a Pharmacist. There is huge number of opportunities available for the students in both public and the private sector. You can also work in a government sector. Beside this, you can also work in an Abroad Company.
After completing a graduation degree, you can work at government hospitals, private medical shops & private hospitals/clinics. You can also start your own consultancies & medical shop.
The students can work in a Pharmaceutical company or can practice as a Pharmacist. In Pharmaceutical Company, you can work in departments such as quality control, manufacturing, packing marketing, production, etc.Register Yourself